How to Activate McAfee Antivirus Plus with Product Key
Have you recently purchased McAfee Antivirus Plus retail key and wondering how to activate the product? Then read this article to find out.
Watch Video Tutorial:
Or, read below:
1. First of all, you need to create a McAfee account by visiting their website here. With this account, you can manage all of your purchased McAfee products.
2. After registering and verifying email, log in to your account. Hover your mouse cursor over the “My Account” drop-down menu, and click on the “Redeem your Retail Card” option.
3. Enter the 25-digit Product Code in the box and click “Submit.” This will add the McAfee product (of which you have entered the product key) to your McAfee account.
4. Return to your account dashboard, select the antivirus product from the drop-down menu (see the image below), and click on the blue “Download” button. It will download a small .exe file (about 9 MB) tied to your McAfee account and product.
5. Once downloaded, open the EXE file. First, it will download some installation files (about 8 MB), and then it will uninstall any previously installed antivirus software from your system. This will take a while. In the end, it will ask for “Restart.”
6. After the restart, it will automatically start the download process of the antivirus (about 270 MB). This will take a some time. Once the download is complete, your system will have the new antivirus.
If you face any difficulty while registering the McAfee product, then contact their customer support here.